Monday, February 4, 2008

Vista (and machine in general) Experience

The System in General

Overall the machine works fine, Vista performs quite well, which I suppose would be expected given the RAM and CPU I have. Aero also runs perfectly fine which again you'd hope given my graphics card....

Yep, that's it then.


My Windows Experience Index in detail.

Unfortunatly my CPU is the slowest thing according to Vista. I think that a quad-core would get a higher score. But really that doesn't matter because the score is so high up and only demanding tasks (encoding and some games etc.) would really benefit from quad-core and beyond. (Having said that I intend to be doing some encoding but I'm not really concerned... My CPU will still be current for a long time yet.)

Other things to note: for some reason, possibly the beta BIOS code, I can't resume from standby, and the machine instantly powers up again after going on hibernate... Not really a problem just means that I can't put on standby for a couple of hours like I might like to sometimes.
And the other thing: Antec made the front audio ports too far back from the holes in the case, so I can't really plug headphones or microphones in. (Unless they are thin)

No comments: