Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Witcher 3 - Installer!

Witcher 3 Digital Download Unboxing! 

I thought I'd do an installer review, just for fun.


English! I choose you!



Simple, but it looks typographically designed.


Let's check the file integrity!  I like how it shows the successful steps in green. 


They have these human readable summaries in a slightly larger font, but have the lawyer speak below still.

After it starts copying and installing, with various game art to keep you occupied as most game installers do these days anyway.















Then it had to install the C++ Redistributable though it's probably already installed. Not that it would know that, so it just does it anyway.





I had previously had GOG Galaxy installed, so it had to update.



The game's not playable until release. Of course. But GOG Galaxy just found the game already installed, or you could install it through GOG Galaxy itself.


Here's the warning you get if you try to play before release.


A couple of days later I downloaded the updates through GOG Galaxy and then followed the instructions on Reddit to install the free DLCs.

Now all we have to do is see how it actually runs on my 560 ti video card....

No comments: