Saturday, February 14, 2009

Windows 7 Experience Index

My Windows 7 Experience Index is very interesting this time. (I guess this doesn’t count as a benchmark…)

image

Compared to my Vista WEI:

  • My CPU is now alot higher, maybe it detects some of the new features in my Core2Duo that Vista didn’t for some reason.
  • My RAM has a lower score now, despite the fact that that:
  1. I have the same amount of memory and:
  2. W7 is supposed to be less memory hungry than Vista is even
  • Graphics for Aero: well that’s go up two points, maybe due to the WDDM 1.1 being more efficient on 7 now.
  • Gaming graphics has stayed the same, which is good I suppose.
  • The hard disk! What has happened there?! 3.0! I’m guessing that 7 doesn’t have proper drivers for the SATA hard drive … or it’s just confused. I might look into it, though I don’t notice anything using the system….

UPDATE: According to this forum page the hdd score is to do with Write Caching and how the score is calculated in 7.  Microsoft does not recommend changing it just for the WEI score so I’ll just assume that if I did, it would be about the same as Vista.

No comments: