Sunday, October 10, 2010

Naked iRiver x20

I decided to take apart my old iRiver x20 to see if I could make the jog-dial work properly again, otherwise I’d just take it to the electronics recycling centre, or give it away for parts to electronics friends.

IMG_5964 The back comes off anyway so you can replace the battery.

(Wow, a replaceable battery, what will they think of next)

 

IMG_5965

  Just a matter of prying the top open along the edges.

 

IMG_5967 

IMG_5969 

IMG_5970“Dancing around naked”. Pun, of course.

IMG_5972

IMG_5982

 

 

 

Hmm, not much to it really… I mean, it’s pretty thin…

 

 

More random images.

IMG_5983 IMG_5986 IMG_5987 IMG_5989 IMG_5995

iRiver was kind enough to use normal screws and standard construction methods, so it was a very simple job to get it apart, I didn’t try to remove any components (I have no need for them).  I couldn’t do anything with the jog-dial I couldn’t see how to get it apart, and the contacts have probably worn off anyway.

I’m donating these images to the community on a CC license (non commercial, attribs, share alike).  If you use them for anything, please just tweet me @anthc – I’m just curious.  DM me, for commercial use….

Creative Commons License
iRiver Photos by @anthc is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: